R.V. Institute of Management organized 4th International Day of Yoga on June 21, 2018 and is proud to be a part of this privileged event since inception. This year the programme was led by Dr.PurushottamBung ,Director, RVIM at 7.30 AM in Campus Quadrangle. Mass practice of Yoga was held upto 9.00 AM.
RVIM Yoga Club was initiated on the International Day of Yoga 2018 with the sole objective of making people healthy (physically, mentally emotionally and spiritually) so that they can lead a happy life.This club is led by Dr. Purushottam Bung, Professor &Director, RVIM and coordinated by Mr.A.Chandran, Assistant Professor RVIM.
Prof.Purushottam Bung has designed a “Health Capsule” of around 1 hour which includes20 minutes of walking and 40 minutes of important exercises, yogasana, pranayama and meditation for every working professional. Everyday practice of this capsule as a ritual will definitely make the practioner a healthy, happy and successful professional.
One hour “health capsule”
- 20 minutes of walking (5 minutes slow + 10 minutes brisk + 5 minutes slow) or simple warm up, Surya Namaskaar and stretching exercises
- 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- 5 minutes “Bhasrika” Pranayama.
- 5 minutes “Anuloma – Viloma” Pranayama, including Surya AnulomaViloma and Chandra anulomaViloma.
- 5 minutes “KapalBhati” Pranayama with left nostril, right nostril, alternate nostril and both the nostril which makes a complete cycle.
- 5 minutes “Agnisarasa” Pranayma and “Shwana” Asana and “Narasimha” Asana.
- 5 minutes “Bhramari” Pranayama and OmkarDhyana.
- 10 minutes for neck exercises; back exercises; shoulder exercise; knee & ankle exercise; eye exercises to loosen up the entire body.
One hour out of 24 hrs. (4% of time) one has to spend for oneself to remain fit (physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually) and enjoy the life to fullest.
Dr.Purushottam Bung, Director, RVIM leads Yoga Practice on IYD 2018
Dr.Purushottam Bung, Director, RVIM performing Pranayama on IYD 2018
Staff and Students during Yoga Practice on IYD 2018
RVIM Yoga Club members on IYD 2018