Department of Human Resource Management
The Department of HR through its “Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence” aims to provide education and training of consistently high standards through innovative and versatile programmes that contributes to achieving the institution’s strategy, emphasized by clear values and principles.
- To develop Competence inthe field of Academics and Profession among Faculty members and Students.
- To foster a Culture ofMutual respect, personal maturity, integrity and teamwork.
- To develop a strong Ethical Code through Character building, Value consciousness, and Moral integrity.
- To strengthen Societal skills through sensitisation towards the environment.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED FOR FACULTY MEMBERS:
Faculty Development Programme on “UNLOCKING HAPPINESS AT WORK” was conducted on May 24, 2017.
The FDP was held with the main aim to reiterate the fact that happy employees are productive employees. The programme also sought to bring forth how to achieve this in reality. Based on this the objectives of the FDP were outlined as:
- To understand the context of happiness at work
- To explore techniques and interventions to sustain happiness at work
- To facilitate creativity at digitalized workplace
The resource persons were Mr. M G Raghuraman, Co-founder, Ipause Consultants, Bangalore and Ms.VeenaRamagopalan, Co-founder and Director, Inroads Leadership Development, Bangalore.
Seminar on “Human Values in Management education” on March 21, 2017was organised for the Faculty Members. The seminar was inaugurated by the Chief Guest and Keynote Speaker PadmashriDr. H R Nagendra, Hon’ble Chancellor, S-VYASA University, Bangalore. He emphasized the need for self -management and introspection in order to effectively manage stress. The inaugural session was presided over by Sri. A V S Murthy, Hon. Secretary, RashtreeyaSikshanaSamithi Trust, Bangalore. The speakers for the various sessions were:
Session I:Dr. S Ranganath, Director, R V Institute of Sanskrit Studies, NMKRV College for Women, Bangalore. He emphasized on the need for Values in Management Education.
Session II: Mr MeghashyamKaranam, Co-Founder & CEO, Megdap Innovation Labs Pvt.Ltd., Bangalore. He spoke on the topic ‘Human Values & Business Management-The (Im)Possible Balance’.
Session III: Dr ThimmappaHegde,Director & Senior Consultant Neuro Surgeon, NarayanaHrudayalaya, Institute of Neuro Sciences, Bangalore. He enlightened the participants on the topic ‘Spiritual Centred Leadership’.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED FOR STUDENTS:
Workshop on CONTEMPORARY HR PRACTICESwas organised for the students of II Semester MBA on April 27, 2017. The resource persons invited for the seminar were Ms.GeethaRamakrishnan, Senior Consultant, T V Rao Learning System, Bangalore; Mr.AmithPrakash, Senior Manager, HCL Technologies, Bangalore and Mr.AlbinRajan, Regional HR Head, Matrimony.com, Bangalore.
Industry Academia Interface (IAI)
This initiative of the HR department is aimed at enabling faculty members to keep abreast with the latest trends in the industry (HR Domain). It also focuses on integrating live industry experiences in classroom teaching. Each faculty member is linked to the HR Head of a company and has regular interactions with them to update themselves on the latest trends and happenings in the industry.
This initiative of the HR department is aimed interaction with the heads of operations of the HR in the industry in order to gain knowledge in the actual day-to-day functioning of HR activities. The interactions with the organizations identified have been conducted during August and September 2017.
The organizations identified for the industry academia interface programme are:
Oracle Financial Software Services,
Kennametal India Pvt Ltd
Membership of Professional Bodies
- All members of the HR department are members of NIPM – Karnataka Chapter.
- Dr.AnupamaMalagi is on the expert panel of the Industry Academia Interface of Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Dr.Shruthi J. Mayur is on the expert panel for Human Resource of Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
Workshop and Seminar
- HR Analytics
- A two day workshop on HR Analytics was organized for the faculty of RVIM. The resource person for this course is Mr Santosh Mishra, Director,Human Capital Foundation, Bangalore.
- A certificate course on HR Analytics was conducted for the students of III Semester MBA opting for HR Specialization. The duration of the course is 30 Hrs. The resource person for this course is Mr Santosh Mishra, Director,Human Capital Foundation, Bangalore.
- A certificate course on Organization Theory and Practice was offered to the I Semester MBA students. The duration of the course was 30 Hrs and was facilitated by Dr Shruthi J Mayur, Associate Professor, Department of HR, RVIM.
Seminar for Students
Seminar on “Industry Readiness and Realities of Corporate Life” was organised for the students of III Semester MBA on November 8, 2017.The resource persons invited for the seminar were Mr M G Raghuraman, Mr NitinGoyal, Mr Arvind and Ms Veena, Co-founders of iPause Consultants LLP, Bangalore.
Dr.Anupama K Malagi received the “INDIAN ICONIC EDUCATIONIST AWARD” for The Best Educationist in India, from Indo Socio Development Association, New Delhi on October 6, 2017.
Presentations and Publications
- Dr.A.NarasimaVenkatesh presented a paper titled "Engaging ‘Generation Z’ Employees: Leadership Strategies for Organizational Success” in the National Conference on “Business India: Innovative Practices for Growth and Sustainability” organised by R.V. Institute of Management, Bangalore on 16th December 2017.
- Dr.A.NarasimaVenkatesh published a paper titled “Conceptualizing HR Analytics Practices for Healthier Organizational Performance – A Framework Based Analysis” has been published in International Journal of Engineering, Business and Enterprise Applications (IJEBEA), Volume-1, Issue-22, pp.06-10.,September 2017-November 2017 with ISSN (Online): 2279-0039
- Dr.A.NarasimaVenkatesh published a paper titled “Integrated Talent Management Framework for Healthier Healthcare Performance – A Strategic Approach” has been published in American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Volume-1, Issue-19, pp.46-54., June 2017-August 2017 with ISSN (Online): 2328-3696
- Dr.Shruthi J Mayur published a paper titled “An Exploration of Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Job Satisfaction among Employees in the Hotel Industry in Cochin, Kerala”, in IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM). e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 19, Issue 7. Ver. I. (Jul. 2017), PP 00-00