DEPARTMENT OF SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
The Department of Systems Management was introduced by RVIM to create exposure on Information Technology. The Department handles subjects on emerging topics like IT for Business, E-Commerce, Software Design, Software Engineering, System Analysis and Design and Project Management etc. The Department creates an opportunity for the students to build their career in Information Technology as Management students.
Information Technology skills for Managerial excellence.
- To impart knowledge and technical skills through advanced teaching and learning methods.
- Technical advancement in use and application of hardware and software.
- To enhance productivity at all levels
- To understand the concepts and practices of modern software technologies.
- To create awareness among the students in building basic concepts of Information Technology and applying the same in decision making process.
- To provide technical knowledge to the faculty members in improving their technical skills.
Department of Systems is established with good infrastructure, having 4 state-of-art computer laboratories. There are 215 P4/i3 Computers and terminals with Wi/Fi internet facilities. 20 Laptops have been issued for faculty members. 22 Printers are installed in various places in RVIM. Application Software and System Software like Oracle 10G, Tally ERP 9.0, SPSS (Statistical Package for Social science), MS-Office 2013, Microsoft Visual studio, C & C++ compilers, Kaspersky internet security 2017etc are all installed in the computers.
Guest lectures, Seminars and Workshops conducted for Students’ Development:
The Department has organized various Guest Lectures for the students development with a view to impart in depth knowledge on emerging topics like Recent Trends in IT ,Information Technology & Information Systems ,Advanced System Analysis Design etc.
Various Seminars like Advanced MS-Excel 2010 and E-Commerce were conducted from the department by various resources persons from Multinational Companies to facilitate knowledge sharing.
Department also conducted various workshops on Advanced MS-Excel 2010,
Advanced E-Commerce and Advanced MS-Word 2010 by IT consultants and corporate trainers for providing practical knowledge to the students.
Certificate courses conducted for the students
Centre for Information Technology in association with SAPTAC conducted Certification course for 3rd Semester students on various modules of SAP for the benefit of students during their placements.
Centre for Information Technology tie-up with NICT and conducted Certification course for 3rd Semester Marketing students on various modules of Digital Marketing to impart practical knowledge in Digital Marketing.
A certificate course on MS-Office 2013 for 1st Semester students was conducted in order to create user friendly technical environment for the students at the time of their internship and dissertation.
Best Practices from the Department:
As part of Social Responsibility the department is conducting Computer Literacy Programmes for Senior Citizens since 2006. This is conducted 3-times-a-year and as-on-date successfully completed 29 batches that covered 1400 trainees and the same document has been submitted Limca Book of Records 2017. The text that will appeared in the LBR 2017 Edition will be read as:
Longest running computer class for Senior Citizens
In association with Centre for Social Responsibility, conducted job fair for the senior citizens to enable them to share their rich experience.
Limca Book of Records
R.V. Institute of Management, Bangalore, has been conducting a free adult education platform ‘Computer Literacy Programme for Senior Citizens’ since 2006. Over 1,200 Senior aged between 60-90 years in 29 batches have been taught to use the computer in meeting their needs like sending emails and photographs to their children, booking tickets online etc. Each batch consists of 40 members. The 29th batch concluded its session in August 2017.
Approved Online Examination Center:
Many online examinations like AIMA-MAT, CAT-IIM, BITS-PILANI, CAG and SMU are being conducted every year.
- Networking with top IT companies for better placements.
- To install Video conference unit in the Conference Hall
- Commencing of Computer courses under R.V.Computer Learning Centre.
- Upgradation of software.
- Conducting more Faculty Development Programs for faculty and Certification programs for students in Information Technology.
- To conduct “Computer Literacy Programme” for physically challenged and job fair for the Senior Citizens.