Corporate Social Responsibility – CLP for senior citizens
Computer Literacy Programme for Senior Citizens
R.V. Institute of Management successfully completed a major community Programme – titled “Computer Literacy Program for Senior Citizens” for eighteen batches to impart basic computer for citizen ages 60 years and above in Bangalore.
This philanthropic project was conceived by our Director Dr.T.V.Raju during 2006, with first training session batch of 20 members under guidance of Prof.N.Nagasubba Reddy. The overwhelming response received from the senior members made RVIM plan and execute as many as 30 batches with a total of 1400 members in the subsequent years. The total beneficiaries of this program include 900 men and 500 women. 80% of the trainees were in the age group of 60 to 80 years and the rest 20% were in the age group of 55 to 60 years.
All the participants are trained to communicate to their grand children, sons and daughters staying far away and in foreign countries. At the completion of 3 months of training all senior citizens are able to exchange mails, photos and talk over the Internet. Social media like face book, twitter helps them to keep connected digitally.
This programme has received vide response and appreciations for the community and has featured in national and international television channels. The classes are held between 5 pm-6 pm. For more information reach over the phone 080-42540301.
You can view media clippings by click of this link
TIMES NOW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCP3Onw-5QU
Hon’ble Justice Sri. M.N.Venkatachaliah- Former Chief Justice of India inaugurating the CLPSC Alumni Association by click of a button