RVIM Journal of Management Research is a peer-reviewed journal published by the R. V. Institute of Management (RVIM), Bengaluru, India, since 2009. It is biennial with editions published in January and July every year. It is a peer-reviewed journal that uses a double-blind review process for evaluation and selection of all submitted materials.
Dr. M. K. Panduranga Setty
Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust (RSST)
Sri. A. V. S. Murthy
Hon. Secretary, RSST
Sri. K. A. Sujit Chandan
Trustee, RSST, and
Chairman, Governing Council
R. V. Institute of Management (RVIM)
Aims and Scope
The Aims of Journal are to :
- Seek and disseminate original theoretical and applied research in the field of management and allied areas.
- Provide a platform for publishing quality research work and case studies undertaken by academicians, industry practitioners and research scholars.
- Bridge the gap between academia and practice by promoting the publication of original, novel and industry-relevant research.
Scope of the Journal
RVIM Journal of Management Research welcomes submissions in different areas of the management discipline as below:
- Accounting and Taxation
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Business Ethics
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Law
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
- Change Management
- Corporate Governance (CG)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Corporate Sustainability
- Cross-cultural Management
- Creativity and Innovation (CI)
- Digital Business
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Environmental Management
- Financial Management
- Global Business and International Management
- Green and Innovative Technologies
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Information Systems (IS)
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Knowledge Management (KM)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
- Marketing Management
- Production and Operations Management (POM)
- Organizational Behavior (OB)
- Risk Management
- Rural Management
- Strategic Management
- Technology Management
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Contribution to new knowledge
The articles which can contribute to new areas of knowledge and deals with contemporary issues are chosen for publication.
Publication Charges : Nil
Readability of articles
The effort has been made to make every article reader-friendly. Authors have been advised to use simple language in a way that the journal can be read and understood.
The journal has been developing an international perspective through the articles and their choice.
Utilization of Journal content by end users
Most of the famous b-schools receive the journal either as subscribers or as beneficiaries by being exchangers of journals