OUR FACULTY PROFILES
B.E. (E&C), PGDM (Australia), MBA (Australia), Ph.D. in Management
Areas of interest: Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Dr. Purushottam Bung is an engineer with a rich experience in various departments of production at ‘VIDEOCON’ and also at some of the Australian companies in various capacities, during his stay at Melbourne, Australia.
- He completed PGDM at Melbourne Business School, one of the top ten business schools in the world, and an MBA at Monash University, one of the best universities in Australia.
- He was awarded Doctorate (Ph.D.) by Karnataka University, Dharwad, in Management Studies in 2011.
- He has a total of 22 years of experience as an academician at various renowned institutions along with 3 years of rich experience in the industry.
- From July 2011 till May 2017 he worked as the Professor and Director at KLS IMER, Belgaum, Karnataka – one of the leading Management Institutions of Karnataka. During his tenure, the Institution bagged the NAAC accreditation with grade A (CGPA of 3.24).
- He has attended and organised various national and international seminars, workshops, FDPs, MDPs, and conferences.
- He is on the expert panel of many institutions and universities to examine and evaluate the doctoral thesis and other courses in management as well.
- He is a member of the advisory committee of various institutions and journals.
- Dr. Bung has presented and published 16 research papers so far in national and internationally renowned journals. He has written a book titled ‘Current Status of Indian Fruit Processing Industry vis-à-vis Brazil’ and edited two more books.
- Dr. Bung was conferred with the ‘Distinguished Educator’ award by Discovery Media, New Delhi in 2013. In 2015 he was awarded ‘Best Director of a B-school in Karnataka’ as part of the Education Excellence Awards – 2015 by Brands Academy, Delhi.
- He is a member of many associations and institutional bodies like AIMA, AIMS, ISTD, NHRD, SMF, ISABM, MEDC, SEE, EPSI, AICP, MTC Global, etc.
- He was the treasurer of AIMS (Associations of Indian Management Schools – Karnataka and Kerala Chapter) and is Vice President of APMINK (Association of Private Management Institutions of North Karnataka).
- Dr. Bung has been offering management consultancy services to local businesses and entrepreneurs as well. He has rich entrepreneurial experience of over fifteen years, working as a management consultant for many MSMEs of Karnataka.
- He is mentoring many new local entrepreneurs under the ‘Navodyami’ program of Deshpande Foundation, Hubli sandbox region, and is an active member of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneur – A Global Entrepreneurs Network).
MBA, M.Phil, UGC-NET, Ph.D. in Management
Areas of interest: Marketing and Retailing
- Dr. Noor Firdoos Jahan is an academician with 20 years of experience in the capacity of professor, principal, and Head of Post-graduate degree in Business Administration in reputed colleges of Bengaluru.
- She has authored books on Business Marketing, Retailing Management and Services, Strategic Brand Management, and Principles of Management.
- She has published 19 research papers so far in national and internationally renowned journals. She has presented 37 research papers in both national and international conferences.
- Dr. Noor has participated as a resource person and has delivered lectures in many conferences and seminars. She has also conducted several workshops for teachers and students in the area of management. She is a member of the advisory committee of various institutions and journals.
- She is on the expert panel of many institutions and universities to examine and evaluate the doctoral thesis and other courses in management as well.
- Dr. Noor Firdoos Jahan completed her Masters of Business Administration from Bengaluru University in the area of marketing and has qualified in UGC-NET in management.
- She was awarded Doctorate (Ph.D.) by Sri. Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, in Management studies in 2012.
B.Sc, M.A (Eco), M.Phil (Eco), MBA (HR), B.Ed, PGD in TRG and Dev (ISTD), UGC NET, Ph.D
Areas of interest: Human Resource, Economics, and Research
- Co-ordinator, IQAC , Centre for International Collaborations, Committee for Academic Rigour, Department of HR
- Co-ordinator, RVIM Teaching Learning Centre
- Ph.D from Karnataka University, Dharwad
- MBA(HR), Gold Medalist
- MA(Eco), III Rank, M.Phil(Eco) from Bangalore University
- Area of specialization and interest are HR, Economics and Research.
- Has 24 years of Teaching and Administrative Experience.
- Awarded ‘Indian Iconic Educationist Award’ from Indo Socio Development Association , New Delhi
- Awarded ‘Emerging HRD Thinker’s Award’ from ISTD, New Delhi.
- Presented papers in International and National Conferences.
- Published articles in refereed Journals and Newspapers.
- Organized and participated in National and State level seminars and conferences.
- Passionate about guiding students in their overall personality development
M.B.A, M.H.R.M, M.S.W, M.Phil (Mgt), UGC-NET, Ph.D
Areas of interest: Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Received an offer for University Research Fellowship for a full-time Doctoral Programme in Management Studies from a state government university.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation and cash award from AIMA – Madurai Management Association (MMA) in a national-level paper contest for management teachers on global business leadership for excellence, in the year 2017.
- He received a Certificate of Achievement for the research paper titled ‘Global Talent Management Strategies for Organisational Success in a VUCA World – A Conceptual Framework’.
- He was also the recipient of the Best Paper Award for his research paper titled ‘Driving Performance through Talent Management and Employee Engagement’ in the International Conference on Managerial Challenges in Contemporary Business in the year 2011.
- Authored several research papers in peer-reviewed indexed international journals with impact factor.
- Authored and presented research papers in international, national, and state-level seminars and conferences.
- He was also a peer reviewer for African Journal of Business Management.
- Organised Seminars, conferences, and personality development programmes.
- Organised several faculty development programmes and management development programmes.
- He is also a life member in the National Human Resource Development Network.
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, PGDHRM, Ph.D.
Areas of interest: Statistics, OR, and Retailing
- Dr. Santhosh M is an academician with 17 years of experience in the capacity of Asst. Professor and Associate Professor in a postgraduate program in the area of management in reputed colleges of Bengaluru
- He has authored books on Quantitative Techniques and Operations research and PGCET- KMAT – MBA Entrance Exam – 2020
- He has published several research papers in national and internationally renowned journals. He has also presented research papers at both national and international conferences.
- Dr. Santhosh has participated as a resource person and has delivered lectures in conferences and seminars. He has also conducted several workshops for students in the area of Research Methods.
- He has served as Member, BOE for reputed management institutes at Bengaluru and Mysore.
- He also holds professional membership of QCFI and AIMA.
- He is a certified Apple DPD Educator.
- Dr. Santhosh received the Best Paper Award for the research paper presented at a national conference organised by JSSATE in the year 2013.
- Dr. Santhosh M completed his Master of Business Administration from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi in the area of Marketing and has secured university rank for the year 2004.
- He was awarded Doctorate (Ph.D.) by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi in the area of Management Studies in 2018.
PhD, MBA, MSc (Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology), BSc (Microbiology)
Areas of interest:Digital Marketing, Consumer Behaviour & General Management.
- She has a global outlook in teaching fostered by working in Indian School of Business, Hyderabad with global ranking Professors from The Wharton School, London Business School, PennState and Michigan University.
- Research Grants received from DST (Department of Science & Technology), ICSSR (Indian Council for Social Science Research) and UBA (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan) for ongoing projects.
- Grants received for organizing Workshops, seminars and National Conferences funded by SEBI-Multi Commodity Exchange-IPF, Indian Council for World Affairs and Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR) are to her credit.
- As a convener of The National Conference on “Foreign Affairs” funded by ICWA every year she invites Indian Ambassador’s to deliberate on foreign policies.
- She has leveraged her professional network in building Industry-Institute Partnership in a form of MOU, certificate courses and training program.
- She is being invited as a Guest Speaker & Panelist to the conference, symposium, invited talk series in colleges such as Jindal Centre for the Global South, NIFT-Udaipur, Presidency University, BEL Pre-University College, Vivekananda College of Arts & Science for Women, Coimbatore, P.K.R Arts College for Women, Tamil Nadu, Imperial College, Bangalore to name a few.
- Her academic contribution is in the form of research papers published in 14 Scopus indexed (Q3 & Q4) journals.
- She has published her cases Internationally with Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies (Q4) and Nationally in AMC Indian Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- She had audited and accredited courses like Competitive Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Marketing Strategy, Global Business Scenario from ISB, Hyderabad and Market research & consumer behavior, Research Design, A life of happiness & fulfillment & Digital marketing skills from Coursera.
- She brings experiments in her class such as ‘water taste test’, ‘blind taste test’ and ‘sensory adaptation’ in teaching pedagogy to enhance learning experience for students.
- She is a member of IQAC and coordinator of Teaching Learning Centre (TLC) in the college.
M.Com, MBA, M.Phil (Ph.D.)
Areas of interest: Financial Management and Human Resource Management.
- Interested in areas related to employee engagement, organisational development, and international business.
- Assisted in industrial visits and outbound programmes.
- Mrs. Anitha has a total of 18 years of teaching experience.
- Organised workshops and seminars for students.
- She is interested to pursue research and has published various research papers.
B.Sc (Computer Science), M.S in Computer Science, MBA, (Ph.D.)
- Area of Specialization is Information Technology, Business Analytics and Digital Marketing
- Certification from International School of Computer Technology, New Delhi.
- Participated and presented papers in National and International conferences.
- Authored books titled “Computer Fundamentals and Internet Concepts for Beginners’ and ‘MS-Excel Simplified’.
- As an initiative of Social Responsibility, has been conducting Computer Literacy Programme for Senior Citizens since 2006. Presently, as on date there are more than 1400 senior citizens who have been trained and the same has been entered in the Limca Book of Records.
- Actively involved in training CA aspirants in Information Technology and has trained more than 1000 students till date.
- Certified trainer from IBM for Business Analytics
- Involved in setting up the state-of-the-art technology in the computer labs.
- Other areas of interest are event management, reading books
- He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Management at GITAM University, Bengaluru
- Member Coordinator, IQAC, Co-Ordinator for Department of IT and Centre for Media, Committee member in Board of Studies and Academic Council in the college.
BE, MBA, M.Phil
Areas of interest: Human Resource Management
- Mr. Chandran coordinates sports activities.
- He has expertise in organising workshops, seminars, and corporate training programmes.
- He has also organised various events on social responsibilities.
Areas of interest: Human Resources and Marketing.
- Ms. Sowmya has a flair for administration coordination and event management.
- She has organised personality development programmes, workshops, seminars, and outbound activities.
- She has also participated and presented papers at international and national conferences and seminars.
- She has also initiated co-curricular, extra-curricular, and cultural programmes.
Areas of interest: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Corporate Governance, and Branding
- She has worked as a System Admin for 2 years in P&G.
- Her other areas of interest are Services Marketing, Health Care Management, Economics, Digital Marketing, and Organisation Behaviour.
- Coordinator for RVIM Centre for Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Incubation.
- She is also an Innovation Ambassador, IIC-SWRO, MHRD.
- She is also certified in Digital Marketing, Digital Innovation in Technology, and Social Entrepreneurship.
- She has delivered webinars and guest lectures in Personal Branding, Change Management, and lateral thinking approaches.
- Published many papers and articles in reputed journals.
- She was also awarded the ‘Innovative Teacher Award’ 2020, by AHA academy.
- She is keen on facilitating students to build their core competencies, innovative thinking, and observational learning.
Areas of interest: Human Resources.
- Ms. Payal is actively involved in campus placements.
- She also focuses on helping in industry and academic collaborations.
- She is active in career counseling and guiding students.
- Identifies the training needs of the companies and arranges the same for students to ensure placements.
- She promises to create a long-term relationship with the corporate world and retains organisations participating in the recruitment process.
- She actively arranges industrial visits and guest lectures.
B.C.A, P.G.D.P.M & IR, M.H.R.M
Areas of interest: Human Resource Management
- He brings a good blend of industrial experience and academics.
- An experienced academician in HR, Administration, and marketing areas.
- Other areas of interest also include Public Relations and counseling.
- He has participated in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
MBA (HR & Finance), M.Phil. (Management)
Areas of interest: Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, and Digital Marketing
- Ms. Ramya comes with 5 years of teaching experience.
- She has presented and published research papers in National and International journals.
- She is the coordinator for RVIM Social Media handles and Cultural Club- Arts Man Club.
- She is skilled in integrating experiential learning to support classroom teaching.
- She has organized, coordinated and participated in several Conference, Symposium, Seminar,
- Faculty Development Program, Certification Program, Workshops and Guest lectures.
- She is actively engaged in guiding students for their Internship projects and Mentoring them for their overall development.
- She is keen on motivating and inspiring students to achieve their goals and interests through effective Mentoring.
- She is actively involved in Institutional NAAC Accreditation (Heading Criteria VI).
- She has organized and performed various stage shows with respect to Drama, Theater Art and Yoga.
MBA, M.Phil (Ph.D.)
Areas of interest: Finance, International Finance, and Derivatives
- Mr. Dileep has published research papers in international and national journals.
- He also comes with ten years of teaching experience.
- He has presented and published research papers at international and national conferences.
- Has attended and organised various workshops, FDPs, and conferences.
- He was also invited as guest faculty for several MBA colleges in Bengaluru.
BA, MBA, MMM
Areas of interest: Marketing and General Management.
- Mrs. Uma is keen on research in brand management.
- She comes with industrial and academic experience of over 20 years.
- She has presented papers at conferences and published papers in national and international journals.
- Coordinated and organised seminars and workshops for faculty and students.
- She also coordinated the Postgraduate Management Diploma Programme.
- She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in the area of Brand Performance from Mother Teresa Women’s University.
|Department of Finance
M.Com (Finance and Accounts), UGC-NET, K-SET, (Ph.D)
Area of Interest: Finance and Accounts.
Department of Human Resource Management
BE(IEM), MBA, Phd in Management, KSET in Management
- Narmada comes with a blended job experience in the field of education and corporate world.
- She has 7 year of experience as Corporate HR in IT Industry.
- She has 8 years of academic experience having worked with various management institute of repute as visiting and fulltime faculty.
- She has been actively involved in organizing National and International Conferences.
- She has attended various National and International level Seminars, workshops, FDPs and conferences
- Worked as an Instructor for an “Online Project Management Certification Course,” jointly offered by iNurture and Lincoln University
- She is also a CIPM Certified from AIMA on ‘Totality of Project Management’
MBA, CA-Inter, CS-Executive.
Areas of Specialization:Finance.
- Certified Accounting Technician (ATC) – ICAI
- 3 years of Experience in CA firms with Key areas of work being Accounting, Project Report,Tax Audit, Stock Audit, Bank- Internal and Statutory Audit, Finalization of Company accounts, Company Audits- Statutory and Internal.
- Worked at Ernst and Young as a Tax Analyst.
- Has completed various Certification courses provided by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) such as Information Technology Training, Orientation & GMCS Program, Student Induction Programme and Executive Development Programme.
- Research work: Research report on “Indian Airline Industry and its Future”, Research report on “Woman Entrepreneurship and Empowerment”, Research report on “Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on Shareholders’ Wealth”.
- Organizational Study for a period of 4 weeks in a Private Limited Company.
- Various Certificate courses at EY, namely, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and You, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),Conflicts of Interest Certificates.
- Proposed a Business Plan on Quick Service Restaurant in the “MANTHAN 2019” – A State Level Business Plan competition organized by FKCCI.