OUR FACULTY PROFILES
B.E. (E&C), PDMS (Melbourne Business School, Australia), MBA (Monash University, Australia), Ph.D in Management (Karnataka University)
Areas of interest: Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Yoga
- Dr. Purushottam Bung is an engineer with a rich experience of around 28 plus years in Academia and industry (domestic and international). He completed PGDM from Melbourne Business School, Australia, one of the top 10 B-schools in the world and MBA from Monash University, one of the top universities in the world. He has a rich part time entrepreneurial experience of around 10 plus years in the food processing industry. He is on the expert/advisory/editorial panel of many Institutions, Universities, NGOs and journals. He has presented and published 28 plus research articles in national and international refereed journals.
- Dr.Bung was conferred “Best Academic Leader of the year” by BMA( Bangalore Management Association during 65th Anniversary Award -2022. He was conferred with ‘Education leader of the year -2020 (pan India)’as part of National Education Excellence awards in 2020; “Enterprising Academic Leader of the year (South India)” as part of National Education Excellence Awards in 2018. He was conferred with “Distinguished Educator” award in 2013. In 2015 he was awarded as ‘Best Director of a B-school in Karnataka’ as part of education excellence awards – 2015. He is member of many Associations and Institutional bodies. He was elected the Fellow of World Academy of Productivity Sciences at Beijing, China recently. He is also a research fellow of Institute of Productivity, UK.
- Dr. Bung is offering management consultancy services to local Businesses, Institutions and entrepreneurs as well. He has undertaken several funded research projects in various domains. He has completed a HarvardX course in collaboration with Pearson Global and Ureka Education group, UK on ‘Future of Learning’ and many MOOCs in the area of Design Thinking, Leadership, Negotiation and so on as part of continuous learning endeavor.
- Dr. Bung has been training professionals on Building Entrepreneurial Skills; Design Thinking; Leadership skills; and YOGA – the ultimate stress reliever and the most promising tool to achieve work-life balance. He has completed the Foundation Course in YOGA from BBAU, a Central University, Lucknow and is a qualified YOGA Instructor certified by YOGA Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH, GOI.
- Dr. Bung worked as the professor and Director at KLS IMER, Belgaum, Karnataka from July-2011 till January-2018 – One of leading Management Institutions of North Karnataka. During his tenure, the Institution bagged the NAAC accreditation with grade A (CGPA of 3.24); started Sandbox Incubation Centre in collaboration with Deshpande Foundation; Got the 2(f) and 12(B) recognition from the UGC; started preparations to become Autonomous Institution (It became one in 2020); and grew across all fronts.
- Currently he is working as Professor and Director at R V Institute of Management, a prestigious stand-alone Autonomous Institution of excellence at Bangalore which is part of prestigious RV group of Institutions. He is responsible for the growth of Institution across, all fronts, i.e. Academics, Research, Consultancy, Extension and Outreach, Admissions, Placements, Alumni Relations, Industry Linkages, Collaborations (Domestic & International), Accreditations & Rankings, Usage of ICT in everything that we do, etc.
- During recent NAAC Reaccreditation, RVIM was graded with A+ grade (3.38 out of 4.0) and accredited by QS I-Gauge E-LEAD for E-Readiness. All these efforts have resulted in various recognitions and awards like; ‘Best B-School of the Year 2020 – South India’ and Improved rankings by various agencies like; Top 25 on pan India level on ROI; Top 10 in Bangalore Metro by Business India, The Week, Outlook, etc.
MBA, M.Phil, UGC-NET, Ph.D. in Management
Areas of interest: Marketing and Retailing
- Dr. Noor Firdoos Jahan is an academician with 20 years of experience in the capacity of professor, principal, and Head of Post-graduate degree in Business Administration in reputed colleges of Bengaluru.
- She has authored books on Business Marketing, Retailing Management and Services, Strategic Brand Management, and Principles of Management.
- She has published 19 research papers so far in national and internationally renowned journals. She has presented 37 research papers in both national and international conferences.
- Dr. Noor has participated as a resource person and has delivered lectures in many conferences and seminars. She has also conducted several workshops for teachers and students in the area of management. She is a member of the advisory committee of various institutions and journals.
- She is on the expert panel of many institutions and universities to examine and evaluate the doctoral thesis and other courses in management as well.
- Dr. Noor Firdoos Jahan completed her Masters of Business Administration from Bengaluru University in the area of marketing and has qualified in UGC-NET in management.
- She was awarded Doctorate (Ph.D.) by Sri. Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, in Management studies in 2012.
B.Sc, M.A (Eco), M.Phil (Eco), MBA (HR), B.Ed, PGD in TRG and Dev (ISTD), UGC NET, Ph.D
Areas of interest: Human Resource, Economics, and Research
- Co-ordinator, IQAC , Centre for International Collaborations, Committee for Academic Rigour, Department of HR
- Co-ordinator, RVIM Teaching Learning Centre
- Ph.D from Karnataka University, Dharwad
- MBA(HR), Gold Medalist
- MA(Eco), III Rank, M.Phil(Eco) from Bangalore University
- Area of specialization and interest are HR, Economics and Research.
- Has 24 years of Teaching and Administrative Experience.
- Awarded ‘Indian Iconic Educationist Award’ from Indo Socio Development Association , New Delhi
- Awarded ‘Emerging HRD Thinker’s Award’ from ISTD, New Delhi.
- Presented papers in International and National Conferences.
- Published articles in refereed Journals and Newspapers.
- Organized and participated in National and State level seminars and conferences.
- Passionate about guiding students in their overall personality development
Areas of Interest: Capital market, financial modelling, and social science
- Dr. Tamizharasi is with a rich experience of around 22 years in academics. She completed MBA from VIT University and Ph.D. from Mother Teresa Women’s University
- She has presented and published 15 plus research articles in national and international referred journals including UGC Care and Scopus indexed journals.
- She has undertaken several funded research projects in various domains. She has completed three research projects funded by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
- Dr. Tamizharasi worked as an Associate Professor and Dean – of R&D in the MBA Department, RNS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from April 30, 2007, to October 2022. During her tenure, the department has bagged five funded projects; created a research culture in the department through expert lectures from IISc and IIMB; Conducted two international conferences, FDPs, and workshops on research methodology.
- She is being invited as a guest speaker for invited talk series on research methods from various institutions.
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, PGDHRM, Ph.D.
Areas of interest: Statistics, OR, and Retailing
- Dr. Santhosh M is an academician with 17 years of experience in the capacity of Asst. Professor and Associate Professor in a postgraduate program in the area of management in reputed colleges of Bengaluru
- He has authored books on Quantitative Techniques and Operations research and PGCET- KMAT – MBA Entrance Exam – 2020
- He has published several research papers in national and internationally renowned journals. He has also presented research papers at both national and international conferences.
- Dr. Santhosh has participated as a resource person and has delivered lectures in conferences and seminars. He has also conducted several workshops for students in the area of Research Methods.
- He has served as Member, BOE for reputed management institutes at Bengaluru and Mysore.
- He also holds professional membership of QCFI and AIMA.
- He is a certified Apple DPD Educator.
- Dr. Santhosh received the Best Paper Award for the research paper presented at a national conference organised by JSSATE in the year 2013.
- Dr. Santhosh M completed his Master of Business Administration from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi in the area of Marketing and has secured university rank for the year 2004.
- He was awarded Doctorate (Ph.D.) by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi in the area of Management Studies in 2018.
PhD, MBA, MSc (Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology), BSc (Microbiology)
Areas of interest:Digital Marketing, Consumer Behaviour & General Management.
- She has a global outlook in teaching fostered by working in Indian School of Business, Hyderabad with global ranking Professors from The Wharton School, London Business School, PennState and Michigan University.
- Research Grants received from DST (Department of Science & Technology), ICSSR (Indian Council for Social Science Research) and UBA (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan) for ongoing projects.
- Grants received for organizing Workshops, seminars and National Conferences funded by SEBI-Multi Commodity Exchange-IPF, Indian Council for World Affairs and Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR) are to her credit.
- As a convener of The National Conference on “Foreign Affairs” funded by ICWA every year she invites Indian Ambassador’s to deliberate on foreign policies.
- She has leveraged her professional network in building Industry-Institute Partnership in a form of MOU, certificate courses and training program.
- She is being invited as a Guest Speaker & Panelist to the conference, symposium, invited talk series in colleges such as Jindal Centre for the Global South, NIFT-Udaipur, Presidency University, BEL Pre-University College, Vivekananda College of Arts & Science for Women, Coimbatore, P.K.R Arts College for Women, Tamil Nadu, Imperial College, Bangalore to name a few.
- Her academic contribution is in the form of research papers published in 14 Scopus indexed (Q3 & Q4) journals.
- She has published her cases Internationally with Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies (Q4) and Nationally in AMC Indian Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- She had audited and accredited courses like Competitive Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Marketing Strategy, Global Business Scenario from ISB, Hyderabad and Market research & consumer behavior, Research Design, A life of happiness & fulfillment & Digital marketing skills from Coursera.
- She brings experiments in her class such as ‘water taste test’, ‘blind taste test’ and ‘sensory adaptation’ in teaching pedagogy to enhance learning experience for students.
- She is a member of IQAC and coordinator of Teaching Learning Centre (TLC) in the college.
B.Tech, MBA, Ph.D in Management
Associate Professor, Department of Finance,
Areas of Interest: Finance, Operations and Analytics
- She has around 14 years of teaching experience in Commerce and Management in the capacity of Assistant professor in reputed colleges in Bengaluru and Tirupati
- She has authored books on Research Methodology, Application of Financial Econometrics and on Data Envelopment Analysis.
- She has published around 27 research articles in various prominent national and international journals. She has presented around 21research papers in both national and international conferences.
- She was invited as a resource person and delivered lectures in reputed colleges in Bengaluru on Data Analytics Using SPSS, Time Series Analysis and on Research Methodology.
- She was invited as a guest speaker to deliver a series of talks on Statistics and its Applications for PGDM students in a reputed college in Bengaluru.
- She has been served as paper setter for MBA and for M. Com courses in Autonomous Colleges in Bengaluru.
- She has attended and Organized various Seminars, Workshops, Guest Lectures and Finance Club for Students in the area of Management
- She was awarded Ph.D. in 2016 from Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, in the area of Financial Information System in Management
MBA in Marketing (Mangalore University), Ph.D. in Management Science (University of Mysore)
Areas of interest: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Economics Corporate Governance, Healthcare Management and Branding
- She has worked as a System Admin for 2 years in P&G.
- Coordinator for RVIM Centre for Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Incubation.
- She is also an Innovation Ambassador, IIC-SWRO, MHRD.
- She is also certified in Digital Marketing, Digital Innovation in Technology, and Social Entrepreneurship.
- She has delivered webinars and guest lectures in Personal Branding, Change Management, and lateral thinking approaches.
- Published many papers and articles in reputed journals.
- She was also awarded the ‘Innovative Teacher Award’ 2020, by AHA academy.
- She is keen on facilitating students to build their core competencies, innovative thinking, and observational learning.
BBM(Finance), MBA(Finance), M.Phil and Ph.D.
Areas of interest: Financial Econometrics, Company’s Valuation, International Finance, and Derivatives and US Taxation.
- Completed the Indian School of Business’s Online Executive Certificate Programme in Applied Business Analytics from Indian School of Business.
- He has 15 years of Teaching and Research experience.
- He has attended and organised numerous workshops, FDPs, and conferences; he has also been invited as a guest faculty member for several MBA colleges in and out of Bengaluru.
- He has presented and published eight international research papers and ten national research papers, as well as supervised research projects for over 150 Master’s degree students.
- On May 29, 2019, he presented and received the Best Research Paper Award, as well as a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- at an international conference, titled “An Empirical Study On The Impact Of Exchange Rates On Indian Stock,” held by ICFAI Business School (IBS) Bangalore.
- He presented and received the Best Research Paper Award in the International Conference “BRICS Countries Stock Market Movements: An Empirical Analysis” on April 26th, 2019, which was hosted by RNS Institute of Technology.
- He received the “Best Student Award” in MBA from AMC Engg. College in Bangalore in 2008.
- In 2006, he was awarded the “Best Outgoing Manager Award” in BBM by Sri Maata Degree College, Hospet.
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), M.Tech(Engineering & Management), Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering)
Areas of Interest: Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, Agriculture and Climate, Data Analytics
- Vinay K S is presently working as Assistant Professor, Business Analytics Department, RV Institute of Management. He received a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Technology in Engineering Management, and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
- With 8 years of experience, he has thought Engineering and Management Undergraduate and Post Graduate programs in different capacities during this period.
- Vinay is also a freelance graphic designer and content crafter.
- He has a passion for research in agriculture sustainability and big data analytics. He has published papers in international journals and book chapters in the field of sustainable agriculture and big data analytics.
M.Com, MBA, M.Phil (Ph.D.)
Areas of interest: Financial Management and Human Resource Management.
- Interested in areas related to employee engagement, organisational development, and international business.
- Assisted in industrial visits and outbound programmes.
- Mrs. Anitha has a total of 18 years of teaching experience.
- Organised workshops and seminars for students.
- She is interested to pursue research and has published various research papers.
B.Sc (Computer Science), M.S in Computer Science, MBA, (Ph.D.)
- Area of Specialization is Information Technology, Business Analytics and Digital Marketing
- Certification from International School of Computer Technology, New Delhi.
- Participated and presented papers in National and International conferences.
- Authored books titled “Computer Fundamentals and Internet Concepts for Beginners’ and ‘MS-Excel Simplified’.
- As an initiative of Social Responsibility, has been conducting Computer Literacy Programme for Senior Citizens since 2006. Presently, as on date there are more than 1400 senior citizens who have been trained and the same has been entered in the Limca Book of Records.
- Actively involved in training CA aspirants in Information Technology and has trained more than 1000 students till date.
- Certified trainer from IBM for Business Analytics
- Involved in setting up the state-of-the-art technology in the computer labs.
- Other areas of interest are event management, reading books
- He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Management at GITAM University, Bengaluru
- Member Coordinator, IQAC, Co-Ordinator for Department of IT and Centre for Media, Committee member in Board of Studies and Academic Council in the college.
Areas of interest: Human Resources and Marketing.
- Ms. Sowmya has a flair for administration coordination and event management.
- She has organised personality development programmes, workshops, seminars, and outbound activities.
- She has also participated and presented papers at international and national conferences and seminars.
- She has also initiated co-curricular, extra-curricular, and cultural programmes.
Areas of interest: Human Resources.
- Ms. Payal is actively involved in campus placements.
- She also focuses on helping in industry and academic collaborations.
- She is active in career counseling and guiding students.
- Identifies the training needs of the companies and arranges the same for students to ensure placements.
- She promises to create a long-term relationship with the corporate world and retains organisations participating in the recruitment process.
- She actively arranges industrial visits and guest lectures.
B.C.A, P.G.D.P.M & IR, M.H.R.M
Areas of interest: Human Resource Management
- He brings a good blend of industrial experience and academics.
- An experienced academician in HR, Administration, and marketing areas.
- Other areas of interest also include Public Relations and counseling.
- He has participated in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
MBA (HR & Finance), M.Phil. (Management)
Areas of interest: Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, and Digital Marketing
- Ms. Ramya comes with 5 years of teaching experience.
- She has presented and published research papers in National and International journals.
- She is the coordinator for RVIM Social Media handles and Cultural Club- Arts Man Club.
- She is skilled in integrating experiential learning to support classroom teaching.
- She has organized, coordinated and participated in several Conference, Symposium, Seminar,
- Faculty Development Program, Certification Program, Workshops and Guest lectures.
- She is actively engaged in guiding students for their Internship projects and Mentoring them for their overall development.
- She is keen on motivating and inspiring students to achieve their goals and interests through effective Mentoring.
- She is actively involved in Institutional NAAC Accreditation (Heading Criteria VI).
- She has organized and performed various stage shows with respect to Drama, Theater Art and Yoga.
BA, MBA, MMM
Areas of interest: Marketing and General Management.
- Mrs. Uma is keen on research in brand management.
- She comes with industrial and academic experience of over 20 years.
- She has presented papers at conferences and published papers in national and international journals.
- Coordinated and organised seminars and workshops for faculty and students.
- She also coordinated the Postgraduate Management Diploma Programme.
- She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in the area of Brand Performance from Mother Teresa Women’s University.
BA, MBA (Finance and International Business), KSET (Management), ADSM, (Ph.D.)
Areas of interest : Financial Management, Derivatives, Taxation, International Business, Business Analytics, Business Statistics, Operation Research, Research Methodology, Economics, and Literature
- Vidyadhara is a multifaceted personality with a rich experience of around 11 plus years in Academia and Industry ( domestic and international). He completed an MBA from EIILM University and a KSET in Management. Currently, he is perusing his Ph.D. from VTU, Belagavi, and Advance Data Science for Managers from IIMK. He has worked in a number of domains such as Consultancy, IT’S, Education, logistics, Teaching, and Training. He has worked in the product as well as service-based companies.
- He is well worse in computerized Accounting, GST, Descriptive Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Collection, and Visualization, Time Series Forecasting, Statistics, Financial Management, BFSI, Taxation, Advance Financial Management, Research Methodology, Business Statistics, Business Economics, and Corporate Valuation
- He delivers training on MS Exel, MS Office, MS Powerpoints, Google Sheets, Tally Prime, Xero, Tora, SPSS, PSPP, Jamovi, Eview, PLSQL, SPSS AMOS, and Data Analytics for different levels of graduates and employees
- He is also a Vedic Scholar and Spiritual Advisor
- He is also a Multilingual Poet, Research Scholar, Writer, and Blogger and wrote several articles and research papers. He is also a and has written eight books including four collections of poems and four Yakshagana Plays in Kannada Literature and more than one thousand poems in various languages. His articles were presented and published in several national and international journals.
- He has guided more than 40 PG students’ Projects and more than 20 UG Students’ projects including 17 freelance projects.
- He is a mentor and examiner for several University Students.
MBA, CA-Inter, CS-Executive.
Areas of Specialization:Finance.
- Certified Accounting Technician (ATC) – ICAI
- 3 years of Experience in CA firms with Key areas of work being Accounting, Project Report,Tax Audit, Stock Audit, Bank- Internal and Statutory Audit, Finalization of Company accounts, Company Audits- Statutory and Internal.
- Worked at Ernst and Young as a Tax Analyst.
- Has completed various Certification courses provided by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) such as Information Technology Training, Orientation & GMCS Program, Student Induction Programme and Executive Development Programme.
- Research work: Research report on “Indian Airline Industry and its Future”, Research report on “Woman Entrepreneurship and Empowerment”, Research report on “Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on Shareholders’ Wealth”.
- Organizational Study for a period of 4 weeks in a Private Limited Company.
- Various Certificate courses at EY, namely, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and You, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),Conflicts of Interest Certificates.
- Proposed a Business Plan on Quick Service Restaurant in the “MANTHAN 2019” – A State Level Business Plan competition organized by FKCCI.
Qualification : UGC-NET(Management), Master In Business Economics, B.Com (Management) Hons.
Areas of Interest : Financial Management, General Management and Digital Marketing
- Professional with 7.5 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis process.
- Wide working experience in public sector banks as well as Foreign Bank.
- Experience in periodic budgeting/forecasting, allied activities and regulatory reporting. Committed towards adhering to deadlines. Motivated towards value generation in the task assigned.
- Experience in Cross functional collaboration for building data structure and subsequent follow-up maintenance.
- Hands on experience in Financial Planning and Analysis| Budgeting and Forecasting | Analytical reports and Note Preparation | Data Presentation | Cross Functional collaboration | Business Units – Back Office Integration | Proposal reviews.
- keen on motivating students to achieve their goals and interests through corporate case study discussions and effective mentoring.
Qualification : B.Tech. (IT), MBA, Ph.D.
Areas of Interest : Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics
- Dr. Somnath Bhattacharya has just started his academic journey recently. He has presented in several national and international conferences of repute. He also has extensively worked as TA in several NPTEL courses in Marketing.
- Dr. Somnath has worked in IT and Banking for around 3 years. He also has taught in Alliance University for 14 months.
- Dr. Somnath pursued MBA and Ph.D. from IIT Kanpur.
Qualification : BSc (Mathematics, economics and statistics), MSc statistics (Bangalore University).
Areas of Interest : Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Statistics.
- Mr. Mithun has very rich experience in the corporate sector having built more than 100 Machine
Learning models in a career spanning more than a decade. He has served in SPSS South Asia Pvt
Ltd, WNs Global Services, Target Pvt. Ltd, and Blueocean Market Intelligence after completing
his master’s in Statistics from Bangalore University.
- Mr. Mithun is an AWS certified Trainer, IBM Certified Trainer, Machine Learning certified by
AWS and Design Thinking certified.
- He has presented paper on Predicting Customer Lifetime Value using ML: A comparative
Analysis in the Ninth international conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence 15-17
- He has a passion for making YouTube videos and has made 350 videos on Machine Learning,
Artificial Intelligence and Statistics.
- Mr. Mithun knows more than 25 software’s like IBM SPSS, PASW Modeler, Tableau, Power BI,
Amos, WEKA, Rapid Miner, Python to name a few.
- He has had the fortune to train and conduct workshops in some of the prestigious institutions
like planning commission of India, National Hydrological Institute of India, IIM Bangalore and
- He has also been an international trainer and conducted workshops in Qatar National Research
Institute (QNRF) and Dubai Customs to name a few.