The Career Development Center at RVIM is an integral part of the institution. The department aims at providing quality placement opportunities for students and preparing them for fruitful careers in their respective industries. The placement cell is dedicated to facilitate and guide students in achieving the right career objectives.
To create awareness among students regarding various career opportunities
To act as a bridge between students, alumni, and employers
To train and prepare students for the corporate sector
Updation of recruiters’ list
At RV Institute of Management, we believe that entrepreneurs of today will run the nation in the coming times. The Centre for Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Incubation functions in order to facilitate and contribute towards the training and building of startups and to drive students towards entrepreneurial development.
To instill the spirit of entrepreneurship among students
To provide relevant information on successful startups, projects, etc.
To be a catalyst in empowering women entrepreneurs
To work with rural entrepreneurs and lead rural empowerment
The Centre for Wellness is an initiative to create a better and healthy environment for students and faculty. Various programmes are conducted to keep the students well informed about mental and physical fitness.
Stress management programmes
Yoga club activities
Health camp with diagnostic facilities
Dental camp for oral hygiene education
Cycling, trekking, and adventure camps
First aid training and emergency support
Suicide prevention and depression management
ABOUT THE RESEARCH CENTRE
- Bangalore University recognized R V Institute of Management as a Research Centre for the purpose of offering PhD program in Management on 18th June 2009
- Since then we have been promoting research and offering Ph.D program under the University through the research Centre
Charter: Research and Consultancy Centre
- To promote research in different domains of Management
- To Promote research-based teaching to make class-room learning more meaningful and practical.
- Mentoring research scholars to develop their abilities and competencies in research.
- To offer workshops and Conferences on innovative research methods and techniques to researchers
- To publish quality research work.
- Faculty are encouraged to take up consultancy assignment and the faculty can retain 60% of their revenue and share 40% with the institute.
- Faculty are encouraged to attend FDPs, MDPs, Workshops and conferences organized by reputed institutions and institute will sponsor the same.
- Also Funds research projects of faculty based on the proposals submitted by the faculty.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTRE
- Motivating and supporting the faculty members to publish more research papers and to participate and present their papers in the conferences.
- Conducting workshops for the faculty members to support them in their research work
- To encourage faculty to identify opportunities for the funded projects and submit proposals for the same.
- To encourage and support faculty to complete their minor and major projects on time.
- To encourage and support faculty to write at least two case studies in a year.
For Research Scholars:
- Meeting with research scholars will be held continuously on monthly basis on every second Saturday.
- Guiding the scholars in their research work as per their requirement
- Collecting progress report from the scholars on monthly basis and submitting the consolidated report to the director.
- Conducting workshops for the scholars to support them in their research work.
- Creating and maintaining database of research scholars (internal and external) associated with RVIMRC
- Motivating and supporting scholars to publish more research papers and to participate and present their papers in the conferences.
- To orient students towards research and to involve them in the research activities with the faculty members.
- To encourage and support students to present papers in the conferences.
- The research center with all the facilities and senior faculty who have completed their PhD and capable of guiding research work are always available in the center to assist the research aspirants in their work.
- To provide intellectual access to information and ideas through movies, videos and audio with support of update technology for a diverse student population whose needs are changing rapidly.
- To promote learning and the edutainment of viewing, and listening.
- To provide infrastructure and expertise in the use of information and instructional technologies. (Labs, Smart boards, audio, recording, screening, and storing infrastructure).
- Encourage discussion and analysis from different perspectives. Bringing students & faculty together to share learning experiences.
The Centre for Alumni Relations of RVIM was created with the sole purpose of building a strong alumni base for the institution. The department conducts its annual alumni meet ‘Sammilana’, to bring past graduates together. Panel discussions are also put together with alumni members, moderated by Dr. A Narasimha Venkatesh, Associate Professor and Coordinator, Alumni Relations.
The Centre for Knowledge Resources was established by RVIM as a tribute to the Indian library science. The department celebrates Librarian’s Day annually, as a reminder of the significance of books and library culture. Various discussions and trainings are also organised to discuss the new technologies that can be introduced in libraries.
The Centre for Social Responsibility at RVIM was initiated to work towards social and community development programmes. It conducts environmental awareness programmes on a regular basis, both in and outside campus. The department also works together with international organisations and NGOs to implement community development programmes.
CSR Programmes and Activities
Identification of voluntary blood donors
Etiquette for auto drivers
Road safety for school children
Visits to orphanages
Providing support for blind schools
Digital literacy for senior citizens
The Centre for International Collaborations was formed to establish active collaborations with international institutions. The department aims at providing wide exposure and instilling cross-cultural skills to both students and faculty.
Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, United Kingdom
Deutsche Management Akademie, Germany
City of Glasgow College, United Kingdom and Scotland
WSB University, Poland
Austin University, United States of America
Centre for International Collaborations- Activities during 2019
Inauguration of Institute of Productivity, UK, Centre for India at RVIM on February 25, 2019
Signed MoU with DMAN, Germany: Planning local seminar on industry 4.0
Signed MoU with Institute of Productivity, UK: Participating in World Productivity Congress
Signed MoU with City College of Glasgow, Scotland: first batch visited
Signed MoU with WSB University, Poland: Exploring Masters after NOCN Diploma
Signed MoU with NOCN, UK: started NOCN International Centre
Organised Interaction with Prof Daniel Khan, COO, IOP, UK on the theme “International Immersion experience as an effective pedagogical tool”on September 6, 2019
Dr. Mike Dillon and Richard Grice (IOP); Ms. Carla and Prof. Ranjit (CCG); Mr. Stephen (NOCN) Prof. Michael Dixon from Columbia Business School, Prof. from FSHW Germany; Ms. Fathima from Maldives; …. Visited RVIM
Ms Carla Murray, Director, International Collaborations and Dr Ranjit from City of Glasgow College, Scotland visited RVIM on 12th Nov 2019 and addressed the students about the international immersion programme.
- To offer various programmes in Productivity & Innovation- both short term(certification) programmes and long term (Diploma) Programmes at RVIM
- To co-ordinate International Immersion Productivity & Innovation Programmes with IOP
- To lead novel approaches of industry engagement to drive project placement programmes
- To bid for funded research projects in the area of Productvity- Performance – Profitability and execute the same
Activities organised by the Centre
RVIM IOP Centre for India has organised various activities as follows:
1.Signed MoU with NOCN , UK:
RVIM signed MoU with NOCN, UK on 6th Sept 2019 with the objective of offering short term certification program, Diploma Program and Extended Diploma Program in the areas of Strategic Leadership Level 7,encouraging short term international immersion programs for students and also for collaborative research.
2. Visit by Dr Mike Dhillon, CEO, IOP and Dr Richard Grice, Managing Director, Nebula Consultancy, UK
Dr Mike Dhillon, CEO, IOP and Dr Richard Grice, Managing Director, Nebula Consultancy, UK, visited RVIM on 14th September 2019 and discussed about the possible opportunities for students to participate in Immersion programs and also participate in the international competitions in the area of productivity.
3. Interaction with Dr Mike Dhillon on 14.01.2020
RVIM IOP Centre for India organised an interaction of students with Dr Mike Dhillon, CEO, IOP, UK to discuss about the opportunities for students to participate in the international conference organised by World Confederation of Productivity Science for which RVIM is the academic partner.
4. Visit by Dr Daniel Khan, COO, IOP and Dr Rajshekar Kori, Former Governor, Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, UK
RVIM IOP Centre for India organised a visit by Dr Daniel Khan, COO, IOP and Dr Rajshekar Kori, Former Governor, Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, UK
The IBM Innovation Centre for Education is a result of our close collaboration with IBM ICE, to offer additional specialisations to our students in the field of Business Analytics. Students are given a degree in Diploma in Business Analytics, post the successful completion of the course.
Introduction to Business Analytics
Data Mining and Predictive Modelling
Social Web and Mobile Analytics
Higher Education in the present days has evolved significantly and needs to cater to a globalized scenario. In this context, it becomes imperative for the faculty members to hone their existing skills, develop new skills and learn the nuances of the art, philosophy and science of teaching thereby making the overall teaching-learning process more enjoyable and engaging.
RVIM Teaching Learning Centre strives towards achieving the following objectives:
Introduction to Business Analytics
Data Mining and Predictive Modelling
Social Web and Mobile Analytics
RVIM, a stand-alone premier B-School is part of the prestigious RV group of institutions and has a vision to become a world-class Institute of Eminence. The institute is growing in its competence and capability in Business Analytics. SetConnect Inc., a company based in Austin, Texas, USA has a focus on providing curriculum, technology and global faculty in business analytics, artificial intelligence and allied sciences.
Technology and Management are increasingly getting interconnected and Business Analytics provides the connecting link. Therefore, Business Analytics skills are much sought after. The demand for these skills continues due the increased investment in data-related projects by companies and the growth of AI. The programmes run by the CoE will empower MBAs and working executives with these vital skills.
This centre strives towards achieving the following objectives:
Upon completion of the predictive analytics using R course, students should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts like regression, decision tree, clustering and many more techniques of predictive analytics and apply them to real-world problems.
- Analyze and transform data using R programming language.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to identify patterns, trends, and relationships in data.
- Build and evaluate predictive models using regression analysis and classification techniques.
- Validate and optimize predictive models for improved performance.
- Use data visualization techniques to effectively communicate findings and Insights.
This course on analytics covers a wide range of topics, including Business Analytics, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). The syllabus covers frameworks in predictive analytics, data preparation, inferential statistics, supervised and unsupervised machine learning. The course also covers natural language processing techniques such as text analytics, sentimental analysis and vectorization. Overall, this syllabus provides a comprehensive overview of essential concepts and techniques in analytics, making it an excellent choice for those seeking to learn the latest trends in data analytics and machine learning.
Duration: One Month of training sessions on R (50 hours)
Click here for detailed syllabi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZ49fSlGYHoX0_ZpIcykK8aOinjFygQu/view?usp=share_link
Certificate will be awarded to the candidates on completion of the following:
- Minimum 75% attendance & class participation throughout the program (50%Weightage)
- Successful completion of the capstone project, presentation and viva voce (50%Weightage)
Capstone Project Guidelines:
1. Data analysis should be conducted on as per CRISP DM Methodology or TDSP framework.
2. Minimum Sample Size: 500, Minimum variable size: 15, Minimum Window Period of data analysis: 1 year.
3. Mentor allocation will be done by RVIM to guide the Mentees.
4. Data Source: Real-time corporate data or Kaggle data, Github data, NSE data or GOI Census Data, etc.
5. Project Plan should contain the following:
Business Objective / Problem Statement
6. Minimum Number of pages for capstone project report: 10
7. Maximum number of pages: 25
8. The final report (after the submission) will be checked for plagiarism using the available tool by the institution. The similarity index should be less than 25%.
9. The project can also be sponsored by the company.
10. Capstone Project should be completed within one month.
|30th April 2023||Last date for Registration
|3rd May 2023||Launch of Certificate Couse on Predictive Analytics Using R|
|4th May 2023||Commencement of Classes|
|31st May 2023||End of the training session on Predictive Analytics Using R|
|1st June 2023 to 30th June 2023||Capstone Project|
|8th July 2023||Project Viva Voce|
|15th July 2023||Awarding of the Certification|
Venue: Centre for Business Analytics, RV Institute of Management, Jayanagar 4th T Block, Bangalore -560041
Timings for the training session: 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm (from Monday to Friday)
Mode: Hybrid (Online/Offline)
Capstone Project Guidelines:
- Data analysis should be conducted as per CRISP-DM Methodology or TDSP framework
- Minimum Sample Size: 500, Minimum variable size: 15, Minimum Window Period of data analysis: 1 year.
- Mentor allocation will be done by RVIM to guide the Mentee.
- Data Source: Real-time corporate data or Kaggle data, NSE data or GOI Census Data
- The project Plan should contain the following steps:
- Business Objective
- Data Understanding
- Data Preparation
- Minimum Number of pages for capstone project report: 10
- Maximum number of pages: 25
- Capstone Project should be completed within 15 days.
Course Evaluation Plan:
Certificates will be awarded to the candidates on completion of the following:
- Minimum 75% attendance & class participation throughout the program.
- Successful completion of the capstone project, presentation & viva voce.
Important Dates to Remember :
|15th July 2023||Last date for Registration|
|17th July 2023||Launch of Certificate Couse on Predictive Analytics Using R|
|18th July 2023||Commencement of Classes|
|13th August 2023||Last Working Day|
|14th August 2023 to 27 th August 2023||Capstone Project|
|31st August 2023||Awarding of the Certification|